THIS SMALL NEIGHBORHOOD PARK WAS ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS THIRD STREET TRIANGLE, THEN THIRD STREET PLAYGROUND AND BEGINNING IN 1916, AS TRIANGLE PARK.
In 1985, the name was changed to Stansbury Park when the city of Louisville’s Board of Alderman renamed the park to honor the memory of deceased former Louisville Mayor William B. Stansbury. Its formal design in 1900 allowed for two playgrounds and tranquil landscaped areas. Because over the years, the park has lost most of its original design, a Master Plan has been developed to restore the park.
Key Features & Amenities