Are you detail-oriented and data-obsessed? Love writing hand-written thank you notes? A master of managing direct mail renewal campaigns? Looking to join a high-performing development team? You might be the perfect fit!
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Development, the Membership Manager is responsible for creating and implementing the annual membership program. Duties and responsibilities include acquisition of new members, retention and engagement of existing members, re-engagement of lapsed members, and all gift stewardship. Membership Manager is responsible for the management of the donor database, gift fulfillment, and regular measuring and reporting on membership metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop membership plan for annual members to achieve stated annual fundraising goal
- Track, engage, cultivate, and renew/upgrade existing members
- Report monthly on progress toward annual fundraising goal and member acquisition goal
- Analyze data to assess results of campaigns and offer ideas to improve them
- Input and maintain accurate donor records in the donor database and reconcile revenue monthly with Finance Manager
- Produce membership solicitation and acknowledgment letters
- Work with the Director of Development to increase major giving from membership base
- Work with the Volunteer Recruiter to increase membership from volunteer base
- Work with the Marketing Director to tailor communications for members
- Produce content for Member E-Newsletter
- Support donor events as required
- Table membership booth at community events as required
- Manage inventory tracking and ordering for membership perks
- Fulfill and ship membership gifts and orders from online store
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of experience working in development for a nonprofit organization, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills a must, specifically experience with donor/member database, Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and basic website editing via WordPress or similar system.
- Self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience analyzing user response data to evaluate campaigns to win, retain and serve members.
- Discretion and maturity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for special events.
How to Apply:
Send resume, references and a letter of interest to Jamey Elliott, email@example.com.