DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
We are a high-functioning, results oriented, collaborative team looking for a Director of Development & Marketing with a passion for our parks and strategic thought leadership.
The Director of Development & Marketing collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and execute a comprehensive, integrated development and communications plan. The Director must be a strategic thinker that delivers and inspires team excellence. The Director must have a passion for innovation and creativity, an inspiring leader who is comfortable with change and displays a positive attitude.
Must be articulate, poised, and professional when regularly meeting with donors and community leaders. This position is a senior role within the organization and responsible for the oversight and management of 3-4 staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan to meet revenue goals which reflect the Conservancy’s capital and operating needs. Responsible for working with the development team to meet revenue goals for membership, major giving, corporate sponsorship, grants, and campaign giving.
- Develop relationships with existing and new major donors to increase support. This includes working with Conservancy staff to identify funding opportunities, then presenting opportunities to potential donors, and following gifts through—from solicitation to stewardship.
- Identify and solicit corporate prospects for special event sponsorships, as well as restricted gifts that align with both corporate priorities and Conservancy needs.
- Development and execution of strategic marketing and communications plans to increase and drive awareness of Olmsted Parks Conservancy using historical campaign performance, consumer analytics, and competitive intelligence. These plans must disseminate organization messages across multiple platforms and channels that include advertising, print materials, website, social and digital media, media relations, and annual report.
- Act as strategic communications thought leader and partner for President/CEO and other functional leaders, ensuring consistent messaging to all audiences is developed, created and produced. Responsibilities include message development and creation, editing, presentation development, script writing, collateral development, etc. as necessary.
- Critical analytical assessment of campaigns, industry data, and relevant marketing, advertising and public relations trends to deliver innovative programs to all stakeholders based on the strategic plan of the Olmsted Parks Conservancy.
- Demonstrate an ease with executing marketing projects using online technology and printing methods. Maintain website with current content and updates, manage email communications on behalf of the organization and track success. Oversight of development, editing and updating the Annual Report, event programs, guides and other print marketing and collateral materials for the Conservancy.
- Manage the budgets for Development and Marketing, serve as liaison to board Communications and Development Committees.
- Appreciation of Louisville’s park assets and commitment to the mission of Olmsted Parks Conservancy
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of marketing, communications, or fundraising experience
- Strong drive towards excellence and meeting goals
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while implementing multiple projects
- Ability to convey accurate, detailed and complex messages in written and verbal communications across wide range of communications channels
- Projects a highly credible and polished image on behalf of the agency. Strong executive presence and experience working with all levels of leaders in an organization and community partners.
- Excellent computer and office equipment skills including proficiency in WordPress, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, Google Analytics, Emma, Mail Chimp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Discretion and maturity in handling confidential information
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and references to Layla George, Layla.firstname.lastname@example.org