If you like to get your hands dirty and have experience with equipment operation and maintenance, you might be just the person for our Team for Healthy Parks!
Under supervision of the Natural Areas Manager, the Biological Technician is responsible for natural areas restoration and projects in our Olmsted Parks. Projects include planting and plant maintenance, exotic species removal, trail maintenance, meadow management, amenity installations and other general maintenance tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement restoration activities as directed by the Natural Areas Manager
- Herbicide application and use of power tools (i.e. chainsaws, brush cutters)
- Maintain formal, specimen and restoration planting areas
- Maintain meadow installations
- Monitor and track restorative actions for efficacy
- Maintain tools and management log
- Install park amenities
- Trail construction and maintenance
- Supervise seasonal employees and volunteers in park restoration projects
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, including volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform physical labor outside during extreme weather conditions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with equipment and machine maintenance is preferred
- Habitat restoration experience preferred
- College degree preferred
Olmsted Parks Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its workplace and offers an excellent benefits package.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 – $40,000
HOW TO APPLY: Resume and cover letter should be sent to Nik Eiche, Natural Areas Manager, email@example.com.