Complete one or more virtual challenges in the Olmsted Parks from October 11-25 and be entered to win special prizes!
SHAKE COVID-19 CABIN FEVER WITH OLMSTED PARKS CONSERVANCY’S OLMSTED PARKS OCTOBER CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY BB&T/TRUIST.
For just $25, you can run, walk, bike, or hike to give back to the parks you love by competing in virtual challenges across our Olmsted Parks. Complete at least one challenge to be entered to win special prizes!
- Join the Olmsted Parks October Challenge Strava club and complete at least one Strava route between October 11 – 25 to be entered to win a prize. Looking to level up? You can complete multiple challenges for chances to win extra prizes!
- Participants will choose from a series of challenges which range in distances (5K, 5 Mile), locations (like Cherokee, Iroquois, Seneca, and Shawnee Parks), terrain (paved paths and natural trails), and activities (running, walking, hiking, biking).
- Your $25 registration fee comes with a limited-edition performance t-shirt and comes with an Olmsted Parks Conservancy membership. Active Olmsted Parks Conservancy members enjoy a 30% discount on registration.
- Funds raised will help enhance signage in the Olmsted Parks to improve your park experience and help you better navigate our trail system.
Here’s how to participate:
- Register by purchasing a Standard or Member Registration ticket by clicking “Register” or visit Eventbrite
- Fill out the contact form and accept the terms in the liability waiver (required)
- Join the Olmsted Parks October Challenge Strava Club on your Strava App or online: https://www.strava.com/clubs/olmsted-parks-october-challenge-744744
- Complete one or more Strava routes listed in the Olmsted Parks October Challenge between October 11 – 25 to be entered to win.
- Collect your Olmsted Parks Conservancy limited-edition t-shirt at the Olmsted Parks Conservancy Office in Joe Creason Park on Sunday, 10/25 from 10 AM – 2 PM or Monday, 10/26 from 3 PM – 6PM.
Challenges and Prizes
Here are some of the Challenges and prizes you can expect to see in the Olmsted Parks October Challenge:
Scenic Loop (Walk / Run / Bike)
Presented by BB&T/Truist
Complete a Scenic Loop in Cherokee, Iroquois or Shawnee Park to be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card to Ken Combs Running Store. A loop in each of the three flagship parks earns additional chances to win.
Neighborhood Park 3k (Walk / Run)
Sponsored by Kaden Properties
Complete a 3k in any of the 14 neighborhood Olmsted Parks to be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card to Quest Outdoors. Complete a 3k in additional neighborhood Olmsted Parks for additional chances to win.
Rainbow Mile (Walk / RUN)
Sponsored by Rainbow Blossom
Complete 1 mile in the greatest number of Olmsted Parks visited for the duration of the event for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Rainbow Blossom Natural Food Markets.
Tour de Olmsted (BIKE)
Sponsored by Kertis Creative
Complete a cycling tour of Cherokee, Iroquois and Shawnee and the Olmsted Parkways for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Scheller’s Fitness & Cycling.
Sands of Time (Mountain bike)
Sponsored by Nugent Sand
Accumulate the greatest number of miles in Cherokee and/or Seneca Parks between October 11-25. If multiple participants accumulate the same number of miles, a random drawing will be used to select a winner.
Shady Trails (Walk/Run)
Sponsored by Associates in Dermatology
Accumulate the greatest distance of trails in Olmsted Parks (Cherokee, Seneca or Iroquois) between October 11-25. If multiple participants accumulate the same number of miles, a random drawing will be used to select a winner.
Smiles for Miles: Kids’ Challenge (Walk / RUn / BIKE)
Sponsored by Perelmuter & Goldberg Orthodontics
All participants entered for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Carmichael’s Bookstore.