Complete one or more virtual challenges in the Olmsted Parks from October 10-24 and be entered to win special prizes!
2ND ANNUAL OLMSTED PARKS OCTOBER CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY SAM SWOPE FAMILY FOUNDATION.
For just $30, you can run, walk, bike, or hike to give back to the parks you love by competing in virtual challenges across our Olmsted Parks. Get registered and complete at least one challenge to be entered to win special prizes!
- Join the Olmsted Parks October Challenge Strava club and complete at least one Strava route between October 10 – 24 to be entered to win a prize. Looking to level up? Get registered and complete multiple challenges for chances to win extra prizes!
- Participants will choose from a series of challenges which range in distances (5K, 5 Mile), locations (like Cherokee, Iroquois, Seneca, and Shawnee Parks), terrain (paved paths and natural trails), and activities (running, walking, hiking, biking).
- Your $30 registration fee comes with a limited-edition performance t-shirt and comes with an Olmsted Parks Conservancy membership. Active Olmsted Parks Conservancy members enjoy a 30% discount on registration.
- Register by purchasing a Standard or Member Registration ticket by clicking “Register” or visit Eventbrite
- Fill out the contact form and accept the terms in the liability waiver (required)
- Join the Olmsted Parks October Challenge Strava Club on your Strava App or online.
- Complete one or more Strava routes listed in the Olmsted Parks October Challenge between October 10 – 24 to be entered to win.
- Please pick up your t-shirts during one of two pick-up windows:
– Sunday, 10/24, 3:30-6:30 PM @ the “Hayride on the Hill” event (Olmsted Parks Conservancy membership tent) in Cherokee Park. Or
– Monday, 10/25, 3:00 – 6:00 PM @ the Olmsted Parks Conservancy office in Joe Creason Park (1299 Trevilian Way, Louisville, KY 40213).
Challenges and Prizes
HERE ARE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES AND PRIZES YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE IN THE OLMSTED PARKS OCTOBER CHALLENGE:
(WALK / RUN / BIKE)
PRESENTED BY SAM SWOPE FAMILY FOUNDATION
Complete a Scenic Loop in Cherokee, Iroquois or Shawnee Park to be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card to Ken Combs Running Store. A loop in each of the three flagship parks earns additional chances to win.
NEIGHBORHOOD PARK 3K
(WALK / RUN)
SPONSORED BY KADEN PROPERTIES
Complete a 3k in any of the 14 neighborhood Olmsted Parks to be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card to Quest Outdoors. Complete a 3k in additional neighborhood Olmsted Parks for additional chances to win.
oLMSTED MILE (WALK / RUN)
SPONSORED BY DEAN DORTON
Complete 1 mile in the greatest number of Olmsted Parks visited for the duration of the event for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Fleet Feet – Shop Running Shoes, Clothes and Gear.
TOUR de OLMSTED (BIKE)
SPONSORED BY Louisville Bicycle club/MAD DOGS
Greatest number of miles (trails miles count double) in the Olmsted Parks for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Scheller’s Fitness & Cycling.
SHADY TRAILS (WALK/RUN)
SPONSORED BY ASSOCIATES IN DERMATOLOGY
Accumulate the greatest distance of trails in Olmsted Parks (Cherokee, Seneca or Iroquois) between October 10-24. If multiple participants accumulate the same number of miles, a random drawing will be used to select a winner. The selected winner will get a $100 gift card to Plant Kingdom.