Become a member today and support the Frederick Law Olmsted Parks! Membership includes great benefits for you and your family. more >
Frederick Law Olmsted created landscape experiences, to have a humanizing effect on the citizens: to soften their harsh life, and to bring people of all classes together to interact and gain a sense of community.
The Frederick Law Olmsted Parks are natural works of art and wonderful subjects for the many photographers. Head to the great Olmsted Parks and take your photos and submit in our photo contest. Submissions are welcome now through August 31, 2018.
We can’t wait to see the parks through your eyes!
Information about the 2017-2018 Photo Contest
Olmsted Parks Conservancy is seeking digital photographs of any of the 18 Frederick Law Olmsted Parks in Louisville, Kentucky. The Photography Contest is open to all participants. There is no entry fee. Each photographer may enter up to six (6) photographs taken in one or more of the following Olmsted Parks:
Algonquin Park, Baxter Square, Bingham Park, Boone Square, Central Park, Cherokee Park, Chickasaw Park, Churchill Park, Elliott Square, Iroquois Park, Seneca Park, Shawnee Park, Shelby Park, Stansbury Park, Tyler Park, Victory Park, Wayside Park, Willow Park
Photographs of people are accepted provided a model release is submitted for each person in the image.
The Photography Contest will consist of seven categories, each of which will have one Winner and two Honorable Mentions. There will also be an overall Best in Show. The categories are as follows:
- Smaller Park (under 100 acres). The parks in this category are: Algonquin Park, Baxter Square, Bingham Park, Boone Square, Central Park, Chickasaw Park, Churchill Park, Elliott Square, Shelby Park, Stansbury Park, Tyler Park, Victory Park, Wayside Park, Willow Park
- Activities Capture activities in the park, examples include but not limited to: Running, hiking, walking, swinging, basketball or reading.
- Nature Capture nature in the park, examples include but not limited to wildlife or wildflowers.
Each photographer may enter up to six (6) photographs. Entries in categories 1 through 4 may be photographs that have been taken in any Olmsted Parks that depict the park in the appropriate season. Entries in category 5 must depict one of the parks listed in the category, and may be taken in any season. Categories 6 and 7 may be photographs that have been taken in any Olmsted Park in any season.
All entries must meet ALL the following requirements:
- Digital Format (high-resolution jpeg), at least 8”x 10” and 240 dpi; at least 3mb
- Full Color
- Horizontal or vertical layout
- Taken in one of the Frederick Law Olmsted Parks in Louisville, Kentucky that is listed in the categories above. For the locations of each park go to Our Parks page on this website.
- Photographs with identifiable people must be accompanied by a signed Model Release for each person in the image.
August 31, 2018.
There will be one Winner and two Honorable Mentions from each of the seven categories and one Best of Show. Gift certificates will be awarded to each winner.
Important Forms for the Contest:
Contest Rules—please read thoroughly